Slideshow

...

Sunday 15 April 2012

Chrome Tips

Sunday 15 April 2012

After having my matte nails with glossy tips a little while ago, I’ve been looking for new ways to achieve the tips look that puts a modern twist on the classic french manicure.

My Elle High Street Edit for Spring/Summer 2012 provided me with the perfect inspiration - candy-pop nails with chrome tips. The cover model works the look with a sherbet pink colour over the main part of the nail, and a silver chrome tip, which I can only assume from the finish, are stick-ons. 

I thought it was a really striking combination, the shine of the tough chrome against the feminine pastel pink. I went for a colour-popping baby blue - Jessica’s Bikini Blue with creme finish. Because I chose this combination the day of my manicure, Julie-anne didn’t have stick-on tips available, so we decided on a silver shimmer polish instead to give the chrome look. It works just as well, and if anything will last longer than sticker-tips would anyway. 


I loved seeing the idea come together, and the finished look was exactly what I’d imagined. Why not try it with your own choice of pastel-pop shade? Would love to see your pics!

All of my manicures/pedicures featured are courtesy of the amazing Julie-Anne Forde. Follow on twitter @Thebeautyboxhx


Chloé x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want.Wall © 2014